ADB Accountability Mechanism: Annual Report 2017
This report discusses functions and activities of the two arms of the ADB Accountability Mechanism for 2017 and presents their joint endeavors held in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Office of the Special Project Facilitator (OSPF) fulfills a problem-solving function for those with complaints about ADB-funded projects. Of the 12 complaints received in 2017, two were found eligible and are undergoing resolution; in addition, two previous complaints were closed, and two continued the process. The Compliance Review Panel (CRP)/Office of the Compliance Review Panel completed the compliance review and supported the formulation of a remedial action plan for one project, monitored the remedial action programs of three projects, and processed four new complaints. The two offices conducted outreach and in-reach activities to publicize their functions to stakeholders.
Statistics are presented on the complaints about ADB projects brought forth in 2017, the number of stakeholders reached through training activities, the historical record of complaints received, and the financial reporting of both offices.
- 2017 at a Glance
- 2017 OSPF Complaints in Summary
- Compliance Review
- Joint OSPF and OCRP Outreach and In-Reach
- Complaint Receiving Officer
Also in this Series
- Facilitating ADB in Operationalizing Its Core Values: Accountability Mechanism Annual Report 2021
- Responding to Affected People during the Pandemic: ADB Accountability Mechanism Annual Report 2020
- Enhancing Accountability and Project-Level Grievance Redress Mechanisms: ADB Accountability Mechanism Annual Report 2019