ADB Operations in the Pacific
This publication provides a snapshot of the Asian Development Bank’s operations in the Pacific over the past 5 decades.
Operations of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in the Pacific date back to 1969 and have since grown rapidly in line with interconnected needs. Development partnerships, projects, and other initiatives aim to strengthen infrastructure and services, build human and institutional capacity, and increase the resilience of communities across the region. This publication commemorates over 50 years of partnership in the region as Fiji becomes the first Pacific developing member country to host the 2019 ADB Annual Meeting. Highlights include the evolution of core operational areas, recent successes, and emerging areas for collaboration and support.
- Timeline of Key Events and Milestones in the Pacific, 1966–2019
- Water and Urban Development
- Public Sector Management
- ADB Ongoing Operations in the Pacific
- Information and Communication Technology
- Private Sector Development
- Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management
- Gender Inclusiveness
- Regional Cooperation and Integration
- Knowledge Sharing and Capacity Development
- ADB Offices in the Pacific