Annual Report of the Human Resources Committee, 2010-2011
In accordance with its terms of reference, the Human Resources Committee (HRC) submits to the Board of Directors this annual report, which covers the committee's work from 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011. In this report, the HRC highlights its key conclusions and recommendations on the implementation of Asian Development Bank's (ADB) strategies, new initiatives, and approaches to managing its human resources.
Since its establishment in July 2009, the HRC has provided guidance on the many facets of ADB's human resources management. In its first year, the committee made recommendations on human resources-related strategies and policies, which ADB Management has considered and incorporated in planning for the implementation of these strategies and policies. In its second year, the committee, in compliance with its terms of reference, reviewed and monitored human resources actions and activities that pertain to staffing, compensation, benefits, and related issues of strategic importance that directly affect ADB's ability to recruit, develop, and retain the highly qualified staff needed for it to achieve its mandate.
- Conclusions and Recommendations on the Implementation of Our People Strategy
- Conclusions and Recommendations from Discussions of Specific Human Resources Issues and Activities
- Overall Assessment and Recommendations for Strengthening ADB's Human Resources Management
- Priorities for Future Work of the Human Resources Committee
- Recommendation for Board Approval