Capacity Development in ADB Operations: Review of the Medium-Term Framework and Action Plan for Capacity Development
The Midterm Review of Strategy 2020 observed that weak governance and institutional capacities continue to constrain the development prospects of many developing members. It found that capacity development was generally viewed as not being well integrated in ADB operations. To better understand and explain these findings, ADB reviewed its existing approach, as expressed in the Medium-Term Framework and Action Plan for capacity development. This report presents the findings and recommendations of the first comprehensive review of the framework since it was adopted in 2007.
- Tables, Figures, and Boxes
- Executive Summary
- ADB’s Capacity Development Approach
- Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities in Capacity Development
- Mainstreaming and Quality of Capacity Development in Country Programming and Operations
- Internal Support Systems for Capacity Development