Compliance Review Panel 2011 Annual Report
This annual report of the Compliance Review Panel (CRP) summarizes requests for compliance review in 2011.
The year 2011 was a productive year for the Compliance Review Panel (CRP). The fifth and final annual monitoring of remedial actions for the Southern Transport Development Project in Sri Lanka-the first compliance review request to complete the full compliance review phase under the 2003 Accountability Mechanism of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) was concluded. The involvement of the CRP in this monitoring phase of the compliance review has (i) made ADB staff more aware of the safeguards policy and the need for better coordination with the government in its implementation; (ii) made ADB pay more attention to land-use planning and urban development; (iii) sparked improvements in the grievance redress mechanism within the project; and (iv) produced ideas for new, ongoing, and future road development projects in Sri Lanka.
- Message from Rusdian Lubis, Chair of the Compliance Review Panel
- Compliance Reviews in 2011
- Annual Monitoring of Compliance Recommendations and Lessons Learned
- Outreach and Information Dissemination
- Independent Accountability Mechanisms
- Appendix: The Compliance Review Panel