Development Effectiveness Report 2014–2015: Private Sector Operations
ADB's private sector operations made record contributions to promoting clean power generation and inclusive financial services in 2014 and 2015, and broadened engagement in other areas that contribute to economic development and growth.
ADB strongly recognizes the role of the private sector in meeting the development challenges in Asia and the Pacific. Ending poverty without further exacerbating climate change will only be possible if the private sector takes a leading role in supporting green economic growth and creating quality jobs. Private capital and expertise will be needed to address poverty in all its dimensions—from food security through the effective and efficient delivery of social services and infrastructure. Through its Private Sector Operations Department, it provides various forms of assistance to the private sector in order to help address these development challenges.
This sixth annual report on the development effectiveness of ADB’s private sector operations reviews the contributions of ADB’s Private Sector Operations Department during 2014 and 2015 to promoting its development effectiveness agenda.
- Tables, Figures, and Boxes
- ADB's Private Sector Operations at a Glance
- The Role of the Private Sector in Financing Development Results
- ADB's Private Sector Activities and Accomplishments during 2014-2015
- Contributions of the Private Sector Operations Department to ADB's Strategic Priorities
- Development Contributions of 2014 and 2015 Approvals