Deployment of Hybrid Renewable Energy Systems in Minigrids
This publication highlights the experiences of ADB’s pilot projects to achieve access to electricity and energy efficiency in five developing countries in Asia.
Despite significant economic growth in Asia in recent decades, millions of people in rural Asia still lack access to electricity. In response, the Asian Development Bank is working to foster universal access to energy by developing small hybrid renewable energy systems in rural Asian areas. This publication highlights the experiences of ADB’s pilot projects to achieve access to electricity and energy efficiency in five developing countries in Asia. It provides technical guidance and recommendations for the effective deployment of similar systems in minigrids in remote rural locations and small isolated islands.
- Figures and Tables
- Sustainable Hybrid Renewable Energy Project Deployment
- Data Collection in Minigrids
- Business Models, And Subsidy and Tariffs
- Technical Design Criteria
- Capacity Building and Training
- Operation and Maintenance
- Monitoring and Project Evaluation
- Illustrative Project Designs
- Annex A: Power Generation Technologies in Minigrids