Disaster Risk Assessment for Project Preparation: A Practical Guide
This practical guide provides technical advice on disaster risk assessment to facilitate the consideration of disaster risks in the design of development projects.
Disasters pose a significant threat to the sustainability of development investments. From 2007 to 2016, disasters triggered by natural hazards caused average daily physical losses of $133 million in ADB’s developing member countries.
This practical guide provides technical advice on disaster risk assessment to facilitate the consideration of disaster risks in the design of development projects, seeking to ensure that disaster risks are properly identified and measures taken to reduce them where necessary. Disaster risk assessments can also help steer development investments to increase the disaster resilience of exposed and vulnerable communities more broadly.
- Preliminary Climate Change and Disaster Risk Screening
- Disaster Risk Assessment: Overview
- Designing Disaster Risk Assessments for ADB’s Project Preparation Needs
- Addressing Disaster Risk across ADB's Key Sectors
- Disaster Risk Assessment and ADB's Business Processes