Environment Safeguards: A Good Practice Sourcebook (Draft Working Document)
The draft Sourcebook focuses on the Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) requirements pertaining to environmental assessment and management.
It aims to add clarity, provide further technical guidance and recommend good practice in the implementation of the SPS. It is for the use of ADB staff and consultants, borrowers/clients and executing agencies, private sector clients, and environmental assessment practitioners, including nongovernment organizations and civil society. The draft Sourcebook is a working document and will be revised from time to time. As such, any comments on the contents and style of the draft Sourcebook are highly welcome.
- The Environmental Assessment Process
- Environmental Assessment Requirements for Various Financing Modalities
- Occupational and Community Health and Safety
- Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Natural Resource Management
- Pollution Prevention and Abatement
- Physical Cultural Resources