Establishing the Water Financing Partnership Facility
Institutional Document | November 2006
This report introduces the overall concept of the Water Financing Partnership Facility (WFPF) and details the envisaged WFPF trust fund component.
The Water Financing Partnership Facility (WFPF) aims to provide additional financial and knowledge resources from development partners for the implementation of ADB's water financing program to help achieve the targeted outcomes. Among these outcomes include
- safe drinking water and improved sanitation for about 200 million people,
- better irrigation and drainage services affecting the livelihoods of about 40 million people,
- reduced flood risk for about 100 million inhabitants in rural and urban areas, and
- the introduction of integrated water resources management (IWRM) in 25 river basins.
- The Proposal
- Background and Rationale
- Objectives and Scope
- Implementation Arrangements
- Contributions to the WFPF Trust Fund Component
- Administration Arrangements for the WFPF Trust Fund Component