Gender Equality and Women’s Rights in Myanmar: A Situation Analysis
This gender situation analysis report provides an analysis of the progress and challenges in Myanmar toward realizing gender equality and women’s rights.
Myanmar is making historical progressive reforms. Rapid political, economic, and social transition is taking the country and its 51.4 million citizens in new directions. If the reforms are to equally benefit women and men and girls and boys, fundamental changes are needed in how women and their needs are included in Myanmar’s new governance and in policy, planning, and decision-making processes.
This report presents a compendium of data in critical areas of women’s lives to guide gender-sensitive policies and programs, including Myanmar’s reform agenda and the National Strategic Plan for the Advancement of Women.
- Boxes, Figures, and Tables
- Executive Summary
- Gender Equality and Women's Rights to Poverty Reduction, a Livelihood, and Full and Equal Participation in the Economy
- Gender Equality and Women's Right to an Education
- Gender Equality and Women's Right to Good Health
- Gender Equality and Women's and Girls' Right to Freedom from All Forms of Violence
- Gender Equality and Women's Rights in Political Processes and Governance
- Gender Equality and Women's Rights in the Peace Process in Myanmar
- Conclusions and Recommendations