GMS Assistance Plan (2001-2003): The Greater Mekong Subregion Economic Cooperation Program
The Assistance Plan describes the planned program of assistance by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) covering the three-year period 2001-2003.
It includes loan and technical assistance projects, as well as possible cofinancing from other donors. The GMS Assistance Plan (GMAP) was prepared by the ADB between April and June 2000, in close consultation with the Governments of Cambodia, People's Republic of China (Yunnan Province), Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam, and other stakeholders, including non-government organizations. The GMAP was discussed with the Board of Directors in October 2000. The assistance plan described in the GMAP is only indicative and may be revised to reflect more recent developments.
- Background and Rationale
- Economic and Social Trends
- Program Review - Lessons Learned
- Strategic Directions of the GMS Program for 2001-2003
- Sector Priorities and Proposed Program for 2001-2003
- ADB's Operational Program
- Coordination with Donor Agencies and Regional Institutions
- Cofinancing and Catalyzing External Resources