Greater Mekong Subregion Statistics on Growth, Connectivity and Sustainable Development
Timely availability of information, data, and indicators at the country and project levels allows for the measurement of progress – the achievement of policy objectives, as well as impacts and outcomes of target-driven projects.
The primary objectives of the GMS Statistical Database are to
- consolidate all relevant data in one portal to provide quick, easy and reliable access; and
- provide comparable data for Guangxi and Yunnan, PRC, when appropriate and where feasible.
The booklet has five chapters. Chapter One presents the country progress in achieving the Millennium Development Goals. Chapter Two is a regional and country overview of data on production, trade in goods and services, and foreign direct investment. Chapters Three and Four compile indicators in logistics performance, doing business, competitiveness and trade facilitation. Lastly, Chapter Five provides indicators for connectivity, focusing on the transport and information and communications technology sectors.
- Chapter 1: Millennium Development Goals
- Chapter 2: Macroeconomy
- Chapter 3: Logistics Profile
- Chapter 4: Doing Business
- Chapter 5: Physical Infrastructure Indicators
- Appendix 1: Millennium Development Goals, Targets and Indicators