GMS Transport Sector Strategy 2030: Toward a Seamless, Efficient, Reliable, and Sustainable GMS Transport System
This new strategy for transport development in the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) consists of a strategic framework covering 2018–2030 and a set of performance indicators initially covering 2018–2022.
It is mainly a strategic document providing a common framework for GMS cooperation in the transport sector. Cooperation in the transport sector has been at the core of the GMS Economic Cooperation Program since its inception in 1992. The main thrust of the program was eliminating the barriers to cooperation, and the significant lack of connectivity was a critical constraint on economic relations among the GMS countries.
- Background and Introduction
- Time Horizon, Structure, and Scope of the Strategy
- Achievements and Lessons Learned: The Unfinished Agenda
- Evolving Environment for Greater Mekong Subregion Transport Development
- Strategic Framework
- Implementing the Strategy
- Monitoring Progress and Results