Strategy for Promoting Safe and Environment-Friendly Agro-Based Value Chains in the Greater Mekong Subregion and Siem Reap Action Plan, 2018-2022
SHARE THIS PAGE
This report discusses opportunities for safe and environment-friendly agriculture products in the Greater Mekong Subregion and highlights the Siem Reap Action Plan, 2018–2022.
As the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) has made considerable progress in food security, addressing health, safety, and environmental concerns is also essential. The strategy and action plan will strengthen the commitment to food security, increase market access for small producers, and ensure inclusive food safety for the GMS. It aims at achieving the GMS vision of being a leading global supplier of safe and environment-friendly agriculture products through four pillars: policies, infrastructure, knowledge, and marketing.
- Figures, Tables, and Box
- Executive Summary
- Opportunities for Safe and Environment-Friendly Agriculture Products in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Strategic Challenges for Safe and Environment-Friendly Agriculture Products
- Developing Inclusive Value Chains
- Harmonized Food Safety Systems
- Sustainable and Climate-Friendly Agriculture
- Rationale for a Subregional Strategy
- Regional Strategy Framework
- Outputs and Activities
- Implementation Arrangements
- Design and Monitoring Framework