Strategy for Promoting Safe and Environment-Friendly Agro-Based Value Chains in the Greater Mekong Subregion and Siem Reap Action Plan, 2018-2022
As the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) has made considerable progress in food security, addressing health, safety, and environmental concerns is also essential.
This strategy and action plan will strengthen the commitment to food security, increase market access for small producers, and ensure inclusive food safety for the GMS.
In pursuit of the GMS vision to be a leading global supplier of safe and environment-friendly agriculture products (SEAP), the GMS Strategy and Action Plan, 2018–2022 will focus on expanding markets for SEAP of GMS farmers and small and medium agro-enterprises, while enabling GMS consumers to access safer food products. The attainment of the vision rests upon four pillars: (i) policies, (ii) infrastructure, (iii) knowledge, and (iv) marketing.
- Figures, Tables, and Box
- Executive Summary
- Opportunities for Safe and Environment-Friendly Agriculture Products in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Strategic Challenges for Safe and Environment-Friendly Agriculture Products
- Developing Inclusive Value Chains
- Harmonized Food Safety Systems
- Sustainable and Climate-Friendly Agriculture
- Rationale for a Subregional Strategy
- Regional Strategy Framework
- Outputs and Activities
- Implementation Arrangements
- Design and Monitoring Framework