Guidelines for Drinking Water Safety Planning for West Bengal
This publication provides practical guidance and best practices on the stages of developing safe rural drinking water delivery service schemes in West Bengal and other areas in India.
Water safety planning is considered an international best practice for assessing and managing public health risks from drinking water supply systems. The Asian Development Bank, in close collaboration with the World health Organization, assisted in developing water safety planning guidelines for West Bengal under a project aiming to improve rural drinking water delivery service schemes in the state. The publication outlines phases of the water safety plan, which can also be applied to developing bulk water supply systems.
- About the Guidelines
- Water and Sanitation Safety Planning
- Developing and Implementing a Water Safety Plan
- Toward an Integrated Water and Sanitation Safety Planning
- Hygiene and Behavioral Change Campaigns at the Gram Panchayats
- Achievements and Lessons Learned