Guidelines for Preparing a Design and Monitoring Framework
SHARE THIS PAGE
These guidelines describe how a project-level design and monitoring framework should be developed and used throughout the project cycle for Asian Development Bank (ADB) sovereign operations and technical assistance projects.
The design and monitoring framework is a key tool for project design, implementation, and evaluation, and provides the basis for ADB’s project performance management system. The guidelines are intended to help staff of ADB, government officers, consultants, project sponsors and borrowers, and other stakeholders prepare high-quality design and monitoring frameworks. They serve as an effective tool to ensure that ADB-financed projects contribute to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and Pacific region as envisaged in ADB’s Strategy 2030. For guidance specific to private sector operations, consult ADB’s Guidelines for Preparing and Using a Design and Monitoring Framework: Private Sector Operations.
- The Design and Monitoring Framework: A Tool for Managing for Development Results
- Design and Monitoring Framework Structure
- Design and Monitoring Framework Formulation Process
- Specific Applications of the Design and Monitoring Framework
- Using the Design and Monitoring Framework during Implementation and at Completion