Guidelines for the Evaluation of Public Sector Operations
These guidelines focus on the four core and three non-core assessments to be undertaken for projects by both self- and independent evaluations within ADB.
The guidelines are effective for IED evaluations and validations initiated from 1 May 2016 onwards. Evaluations and validations that are at advanced stage may still be completed using the old guidelines.
The document has separate guideline appendixes for the following IED reports:
- project (or program) performance evaluation report (PPER),
- PCR validation report (PVR), and
- technical assistance performance evaluation report (TPER).
ADB is working on relevant changes to its project administration instructions for project completion reports. New project administration instructions guiding PCRs are expected to be effective 1 January 2017.
- Approach to Project Evaluation in ADB
- Evaluating and Rating Project Performance
- Other Performance Assessments
- Overall Assessment