Handbook on Resettlement: A Guide to Good Practice
SHARE THIS PAGE
The Handbook intends to complement the ADB's policy on involuntary resettlement. It describes the resettlement process and operational requirements within ADB's project cycle.
- US$15.00 (paperback)
The Handbook describes the resettlement process and operational requirements within ADB's project cycle. It is one of a series of publications that address the integration of social dimensions into Bank operations. This document intends to complement ADB's policy on involuntary resettlement.
There are nine chapters which cover such topics as resettlement plan in the project cycle, key planning concepts, consultation and participation, data collecting methods and their application to resettlement planning and implementation, income-restoration strategies, institutional framework, and monitoring and evaluation.
- The Resettlement Plan in the Project Cycle
- Resettlement: Key Planning Concepts
- Consultation and Participation
- Socioeconomic Information
- Income Restoration
- Institutional Framework
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Selected Reading List
- Involuntary Resettlement Safeguards: A Planning and Implementation Good Practice Sourcebook (Draft Working Document)
- Indigenous Peoples Safeguards: A Planning and Implementation Good Practice Sourcebook (Draft Working Document)
- Handbook on Poverty and Social Analysis: A Working Document
- More on involuntary resettlement