Health Impact Assessment: A Good Practice Sourcebook
This publication provides practical tools and guidance on how development projects of the Asian Development Bank can improve the health of the communities that they serve.
This sourcebook provides up-to-date information regarding ADB environmental safeguards, poverty and social analysis, and compliance procedures in order to support the process of health impact assessment. It is a useful reference for ADB staff, borrowers, executing agencies, consultants, and others seeking a better understanding of how to implement health impact assessments. The publication outlines the procedures, methods, and tools that health impact assessments use to systematically judge the potential effects of a policy, plan, program, or project on the health of a population. It is useful to those who are producing a health impact assessment or public health management plan.
- Definition of Health and Safety
- Definition of Health Impact Assessment
- Integration with Bank Procedures
- Screening and Classification
- Terms of Reference
- Health Baseline
- Applicable Policy, Legal, and Administrative Framework and Standards
- Impact Analysis
- Mitigation and Enhancement Measures
- Public Health Management Plan
- More Information