Indigenous Peoples Safeguards: A Planning and Implementation Good Practice Sourcebook (Draft Working Document)
The draft Sourcebook focuses on the Safeguard Policy Statement requirements pertaining to indigenous peoples.
The draft Sourcebook focuses on the Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) requirements pertaining to Indigenous Peoples. It aims to add clarity, provide further technical guidance and recommend good practice in the implementation of the SPS. It is for the use of ADB staff and consultants, borrowers/clients and executing agencies, private sector clients, and social safeguards practitioners, including non-government organizations and civil society. The draft Sourcebook is a working document and will be revised from time to time. As such, any comments on the contents and style of the draft Sourcebook are highly welcome.
- Objectives, Triggers, Scope, Principles of ADB Policy
- Identification of Indigenous Peoples
- Screening and Categorization of Impact
- Consultation, Participation, Information Disclosure, and Grievance Redress
- Assessment of Social Impacts
- Indigenous Peoples Planning
- IPP Implementation Issues
- IPP Implementation Supervision and Monitoring
- Consent of Affected Indigenous Peoples Communities and Broad Community Support
- Bibliography and References