Loan Disbursement Handbook 2022
Business Guide | October 2022
This handbook is a compilation of ADB's disbursement policies, guidelines, procedures, and practices.
The handbook serves as a useful reference guide for developing member country borrowers and officials, project staff from executing agencies and project management units, as well as ADB staff in designing and operating an efficient disbursement operation that will support project implementation.
The four pillars of an efficient disbursement operation are:
- funds flow structure
- disbursement arrangement
- staff capacity and systems, and
- internal controls
A good understanding of ADB's disbursement policies, guidelines, procedures, and practices is instrumental for building these pillars. The handbook endeavors to complement this need and thereby support project implementation.
The handbook applies to loan and grant investment projects funded by ADB, and provides a separate chapter for disbursement of policy-based loans and grants funded by ADB.
- The Handbook
- The Asian Development Bank
- Disbursement Policies
- Disbursement Guidelines and Practices
- Instructions for Disbursement
- Disbursement Procedures and Simplified Documentation
- Reimbursement Procedure
- Advance Fund Procedure
- Direct Payment Procedure
- Commitment Procedure Financial Intermediation Loans, Policy-Based Lending, Results-Based Lending, and Asia Pacific Disaster Response Fund Grants
- Cofinancing Operations
- Loan and Grant Financial Information Services Website
- Client Portal for Disbursements
- Nonsovereign Operations