Manual for Undertaking National Urban Assessments
This manual provides guidelines for conducting rapid urban assessments guided by ADB’s Urban Operational Plan 2012–2020 which outlines ADB’s support to its members in developing their urban economies.
- US$27.00 (paperback)
Urbanization in Asia is expected to reach 55% by 2030 and 64% by 2050 to constitute 53% of the world’s urban population and contribute half the world’s gross domestic product. But as cities swell, they also struggle with environmental degradation, traffic congestion, inadequate urban infrastructure, and lack of basic civic services. ADB, under its Urban Operational Plan, will support its developing member countries in developing their urban economies, improving environmental sustainability, and in making pro-poor investments.
This manual presents a framework providing a context for the city-level 3E (Economy, Environment, and Equity) tool kits:
- Tool Kit for Rapid Economic Assessment, Planning, and Development of Cities in Asia
- Green City Development Tool Kit
- Enabling Inclusive Cities: Tool Kit for Inclusive Urban Development
- Urban Development Context
- Analytical Framework
- Process for State/Provincial Region Assessments
- Process for Integrated Urban Plan/City Development Plan