Memorandum of Understanding between the Asian Development Bank, the IBRD, and the IDA
SHARE THIS PAGE
The Asian Development Bank and the World Bank desire to develop further their cooperative efforts based on the principle of country ownership of sound development policies, as well as necessary condition for sustainable development efforts. Country-owned reforms, based on a broad societal foundation and participation are more likely to survive periods of social and political stress.
This paper gives a summary of the discussions held between the parties.
- The Importance of ADB-World Bank Cooperation
- Guiding Principles
- Greater Scope for Cooperation
- Visible Partners
- Communication for Partnership
- Sharing Knowledge and Research and Supporting Global and Regional Public Goods
- Supporting Country Ownership of The Development Process
- Working Together to Make the Right Investments
- Cooperation on Operational Procedures and Practices
- Focal Points
- Assessing Effectiveness, Staying Relevant