Multilateral Development Banks' Common Performance Assessment System (COMPAS) 2008 Report
The information provided in the COMPAS report highlights the progress of all MDBs to better focus on results to provide effective support to partner countries.
Soaring food and fuel prices as well as the financial crisis have had a devastating impact on the world economy. GDP growth in developing countries is predicted to slow in 2009, bringing dire human impacts. It is estimated that at least 130 million people in developing countries were pushed into poverty by the extraordinary food and fuel prices, and that the financial crisis will trap an additional 65 million in poverty. As the global financial crisis continues to unfold, the MDBs are increasingly focusing on strengthening their results orientation in support of developing countries. To better assist countries in need, MDBs are gearing to become more flexible, responsive, and collaborative. The information provided in the COMPAS report highlights the progress of all MDBs to better focus on results to provide effective support to partner countries.
- Findings and Trends
- Future Influences and Directions
- Matrix of Indicators
- Category 1 Country Capacity for MfDR
- Category 2 Country Strategies
- Category 3 Allocation of Concessional Resources
- Category 4 Projects
- Category 5 Institutional Learning from Operational Experience
- Category 6 Results-focused Human Resources Management
- Category 7 Harmonization and the Use of Country Systems among Development Agencies
- Category 8 Private Sector
- Appendix I Corporate Profiles of Multilateral Development Banks
- Appendix II Institutional Profile of Private Sector Operations of MDBs