Office of Anticorruption and Integrity: Annual Report 2016
ADB is stepping up anticorruption and integrity efforts with an update to its Anticorruption Policy on top of other reforms and policies to be implemented.
ADB through the Office of Anticorruption and Integrity (OAI) is planning to implement a $2 million technical assistance to DMCs to counter money laundering and financing of terrorism, as well as technical support to member countries not only to tackle tax integrity issues but also to promote domestic resource mobilization. Towards this aim, OAI will prepare new tax guidelines for ADB’s nonsovereign operations and enhance support to member countries to address tax integrity issues. This report also includes a special feature on tax integrity and development outlining ADB’s leading role in responding to issues such as tax secrecy, tax evasion, and aggressive tax planning.
ADB's enforcement and prevention strategies in 2016 saw 98 firms and 40 individuals debarred for integrity violations on top of cross-debarment for 86 firms and 47 individuals last year. Nine firms and one individual were conditionally nondebarred, 18 firms and 9 individuals were reprimanded, and 16 firms and 13 individuals were cautioned.
- Executive Summary
- Enhancing Tax Transparency in Asia and the Pacific
- What Does OAI Do?
- Ensuring Integrity in ADB Operations
- Maximizing Development Impact through Proactive Reviews
- Assessing and Mitigating Integrity and Reputational Risks
- Building a Community of Anticorruption Champions
- Advancing Anticorruption through Collaboration
- Sample Investigation Cases in 2016