Standard Bidding Documents and User's Guide to Procurement of Works (2016)
Business Document | December 2016
This publication guides ADB borrowers on how to prepare a bidding document for an admeasurement (unit price) type of works contracts.
The information in this guide is based on the ADB’s Standard Bidding Document for the Procurement of Works, and includes how to evaluate bids and award contracts. It covers two SBD Works documents
- SBD Works Following Prequalification – to be used when the bidding is preceded by a prequalification exercise
- SBD Works Without Prequalification – for the procurement of simple and unsophisticated works contracts
The Standard Bidding Documents for Works (SBD Works) have been prepared by ADB for borrowers to use in the procurement of admeasurement (unit price or rate) for the types of work contracts in international competitive bidding. The SBD Works must be used for the procurement of works contracts financed in whole or in part by ADB unless ADB agrees to the use of other acceptable bidding documents.
The SBDs make use of the Conditions of Contract for Construction for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer, Multilateral Development Bank Harmonized Edition, published by the Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseil, or FIDIC (FIDIC MDB Harmonized Construction Contract).
This guide applies to ADB projects with concept notes approved before 1 July 2017. On 30 June 2022, changes to pp. 1 and 86 were applied to inform that an original copy of the FIDIC publication may be obtained from FIDIC.
- The Bidding Process
- Invitation for Bids
- Section 1 – Instructions to Bidders
- Section 2 – Bid Data Sheet
- Section 3 – Evaluation and Qualification Criteria
- Section 4 – Bidding Forms
- Section 5 – Eligible Countries
- Section 6 – Employer’s Requirements
- Section 7 – General Conditions of Contract
- Section 8 – Particular Conditions of Contract
- Section 9 – Contract Forms