Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Handbook
Business Guide | September 2008
This Public–Private Partnership (PPP) Handbook is designed for the staff of ADB and its developing member countries' clients.
This Public–Private Partnership (PPP) Handbook is designed for the staff of ADB and its developing member countries' clients. It provides an overview of the role, design, structure, and execution of PPPs for infrastructure development. With inputs from policy and transaction specialists, this handbook addresses a range of matters associated with PPPs, from policy considerations to implementation issues.
This handbook is meant as an introduction or primer to the design and execution of PPP strategies and projects in the context of development finance.
- Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) - An Overview
- Recent Experience with Infrastructure Privatization and PPPs
- Structuring a PPP: Sector Diagnostic and Sector Road Map
- Structuring a PPP: Available PPP Options
- Structuring a PPP: Selecting the Option
- PPP Preparatory Work
- Implementing PPPs
- Specific Pro-Poor Activities in PPPs
- Framework for Measuring, Monitoring, and Reporting on Results
- Resource and Tools