Review of 2011 Financial Sector Operational Plan
This publication makes recommendations up to 2020 and provides a platform to launch ADB's Financial Sector Operational Plan beyond 2020 to ensure its relevance with ADB’s Strategy 2030.
The cross-cutting impact of finance on different sectors and economic activities amplifies opportunities for expanding financial inclusion and poverty reduction, which is why ADB's 2011 Financial Sector Operational Plan (FSOP) was designed to address challenges ahead. ADB’s finance sector operations contributed 11% of total lending portfolio over 2011–2015, about 15% of that in 2015 alone. This review examines the implementation of the 2011 FSOP and looks at the critical role of the finance sector in development in Asia and the Pacific. While this publication affirms that the FSOP remains valid and relevant, it also makes recommendations up to 2020 and provides a platform to launch the FSOP beyond 2020 to ensure its relevance with ADB’s Strategy 2030.
- Executive Summary
- The Relevance of Finance Sector Development in Asia and the Pacific
- Review of the Financial Sector Operational Plan and Review Methodology
- Review of Finance Sector Operations
- Finance Sector Development in Asia and the Pacific
- Recommendations and Conclusions