Role of Special Economic Zones in Improving Effectiveness of GMS Economic Corridors
The study looks into the role of special economic zones (SEZs) in strengthening the competitiveness of GMS economic corridors.
It examines factors behind the success of SEZs within GMS corridors and the role they can play in GMS economic corridor development. The analysis is based on a firm-level survey in the Mae-Sot SEZ and interviews with the ANZ clients operating in SEZs throughout the GMS. The report offers policy recommendations for GMS Ministers on how SEZs can contribute towards improving the competitiveness of economic corridors and thereby promote economic development.
- List of Tables, Figures, and Maps
- Executive Summary
- History of Special Economic Zones in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Case Study: Mae Sot (Tak)
- Effectiveness of Special Economic Zones
- Harnessing Special Economic Zones for Border Development
- Conclusion and Policy Recommendations