Summary of the Analytical Study for the Safeguard Policy Review and Update: Gender and Safeguards (Draft for Consultation)
This consultation document provides a summary of the analytical study on Gender and Safeguards. Views and comments on this consultation draft are welcome until 15 July 2022.
This document summarizes the additional analytical study on gender and safeguards, which is complemented by a separate study that looks more specifically at Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH). It has been prepared with the objective of comparing ADB’s current policies, strategies, and practices of work on gender and policies and approaches used by peer MDBs. This benchmarking study was undertaken as a desktop exercise and involved the review of key ADB, MDB and third-party documentation. The desk review was supplemented by virtual interviews with ADB operations staff and representative staff of peer MDBs. External stakeholders can use the information provided here to comment and provide meaningful recommendations to make the updated safeguard policy substantive and implementable.
- Purpose, Scope, and Methodology of the Study
- Overview of Gender Work at ADB
- Overview of Gender Considerations in the Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS)
- IED Findings on Gender in the Safeguards Policy
- Benchmarking Exercise: Gender in Safeguards of Other MFIs
- Conclusions and Key Issues for Further Consideration
- Next Steps