Summary of the Analytical Study for the Safeguard Policy Review and Update: Indigenous Peoples (Draft for Consultation)
This summary is based on the work undertaken on the Analytical Study on Indigenous Peoples Safeguards. The objective of the study is to provide informed recommendations for the indigenous peoples (IP) safeguards under a revised policy.
The study briefly reviews Asian Development Bank’s IP safeguard implementation experience, compares its IP safeguards with other multilateral financial institutions (MFIs), assesses the extent of their consistency with the policies of other MFIs, and discerns good practices.
- Rationale for Review and Update of the ADB Safeguard Policy Statement
- ADB SPS Indigenous Peoples Safeguards
- IED findings and recommendations specific to Indigenous Peoples Safeguards
- Analytical Study Objectives, Scope and Methods
- Summary of Findings
- Key Issues for Further Consideration
- Next Steps