Summary of the Analytical Study for the Safeguard Policy Review and Update: Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment (SEAH) (Draft for Consultation)
This consultation document provides a summary of the analytical study on Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Sexual Harassment (SEAH). Views and comments on this consultation draft are welcome until 15 July 2022.
This document summarizes the benchmarking study for the comparison of ADB’s current policy, strategy, and practices on addressing Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH) in the safeguard frameworks and policies of selected peer multilateral development bank (MDBs). This study was undertaken as a desktop exercise and involved the review of key ADB, other MDBs, and third-party documentation, as well as other resources including United Nations agency materials, NGO reports, and research/academic studies. The desk review was supplemented by virtual interviews with ADB staff and representative staff of peer MDBs and will be further supplemented through the upcoming regional stakeholder consultations.
- IED Findings on SEAH as an Emerging Cross-cutting Area in the Safeguards Policy
- Current ADB Policy Principles and Requirements for Addressing SEAH
- IFI Joint Commitments to Tackle SEAH
- IFI Joint Summary of Key Findings of MDB Benchmarking on Addressing SEAH in MDBs Operations
- Proposed Directions for Addressing SEAH in ADB Financed Projects
- Conclusions and Key Issues for Further Consideration
- Next Steps