Standard Explanatory Data Indicator Definitions
Institutional Document | March 2019
This document provides definitions and data compilation methodologies for the ADB standard explanatory data indicators (SEDIs) listed in the strategy paper on the review of the results framework.
The SEDIs allow ADB to systematically assess broader performance data while avoiding undue proliferation of indicators. Although not formally part of the framework, the SEDIs enable ADB to (i) provide consistent and reliable performance information to external stakeholders, (ii) assess performance more rigorously to identify bottlenecks and inform action planning, and (iii) collect baseline data for future indicators.
- Level 1: Development Progress in Asia and the Pacific
- Level 2: ADB's Contributions to Development Results
- Level 3: ADB's Operational Management
- Level 4: ADB's Organizational Management
- Appendix: Classification of ADB’s Developing Member Countries