Sustainable Transport Initiative Operational Plan
The Sustainable Transport Initiative Operational Plan provides details of how ADB will update its operations in the transport sector in line with Strategy 2020.
Strategy 2020 sets the long-term strategic framework of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for 2008-2020. During this period, ADB lending and technical assistance operations in Asia and the Pacific will emphasize inclusive economic growth, environmentally sustainable growth, and regional integration. The Sustainable Transport Initiative Operational Plan provides details of how ADB will update its operations in the transport sector in line with Strategy 2020. ADB will focus on creating transport systems that are accessible, safe, affordable, and environment-friendly.
- Introduction and Background
- Conceptual Framework for Sustainable Transport
- Sustainable Transport Needs and Challenges
- Future Sustainable Transport Operations
- Implementation of the Operational Plan
- Appendix 1: Highlights from Strategy 2020
- Appendix 2: Some Considerations for Making Road Projects More Sustainable