Tajikistan: Country Partnership Strategy (2016-2020)
This Country Partnership Strategy defines ADB's strategic approach in Tajikistan for 2016–2020.
The strategic objective of ADB's Country Partnership Strategy 2016–2020 for Tajikistan is to help the government achieve sustained and inclusive growth that is less susceptible to external shocks and create higher-paying jobs.
Three pathways are proposed to achieve this: (i) continue infrastructure investments in energy and transport where ADB has had a lead role and initiate support for integrated urban development; (ii) sequence investment climate reforms, technical and vocational education and training (TVET), backed with knowledge work focusing on economic diversification; and (iii) integrate food security with value-chain development, water resources management, and climate change adaptation targeting poorer regions (oblasts). These pathways will contribute to widen the country’s narrow economic base by increasing electricity exports from its summer surplus, develop human capital with sustained engagement in TVET, and strengthen institutions for agricultural and market linkages.
The strategic objective and planned pathways to widen the country’s narrow economic base are well aligned with ADB’s Midterm Review of Strategy 2020 and supports the three pillars of inclusive economic growth.
- Country at a Glance
- Development Trends and Issues
- The Country Strategy
- Strategy Implementation
- Results Management
- Economic Analysis (Summary)
- Poverty Analysis (Summary)
- Gender Analysis (Summary)
- Environment Assessment (Summary)
- Private Sector Assessment (Summary)
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Transport
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Energy
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Public Sector Management
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Education
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan (Summary)
- Country and Portfolio Indicators
- Country Performance Assessment Ratings
- Country Cost-Sharing Arrangements and Eligible Expenditure Financing Parameters
- Country Partnership Strategy Formulation
- Country Partnership Strategy Final Review
- Country Operations Business Plan
- Country Assistance Program Evaluation
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Finance
- Regional Cooperation and Integration Assessment (Summary)
- Sector Procurement Risk Assessments (Summary)
- Country Knowledge Plan, 2016-2018
- List of Indicative Knowledge Publications and Events, 2016