Toward E-Development in Asia and the Pacific: A Strategic Approach for Information and Communication Technology
SHARE THIS PAGE
ADB has adopted a strategic approach to assist its developing member countries seize the opportunities created by information and communication technology.
ADB recognizes that information and communication technology (ICT) is a powerful force in shaping the social and economic development of Asia and Pacific, potentially helping developing countries leapfrog stages of economic development.
ADB has adopted a strategic approach to assist its developing member countries seize the opportunities created by ICT. This approach will support ICT-related activities in ADB's developing member countries to enhance the impact of ADB's poverty reduction strategy and other development activities.
- Create an enabling environment by fostering:
- the development of innovative sector policies
- the strengthening of public institutions
- the development of ICT facilities, related infrastructure and networks
- Build human resources to improve knowledge and skills and promote ICT literacy and lifelong learning through e-learning and awareness programs
- Develop ICT applications and information content for ADB-supported activities, e.g., poverty reduction and good governance
- Executive Summary
- The Information Revolution
- Need for an ADB Strategic Approach for ICT
- Strategic Thrusts
- Proposed Action Plan
- Implications for ADB