Results 1 to 20 of 1718
- SEADS 2023 will explore on 30 March 2023 measures governments, communities, and private sector entities can take to progress toward carbon neutrality by 2050.
- This webinar will discuss the drivers and welfare effects of digitization in India’s transport sector, with a focus on railways and roads.
T20 Associated Event on Women as Active Participants and Propellers of Economic Growth: Focus on Livelihoods, Care, and InfrastructureThis Think20 (T20) associated event will feature panel discussions on women’s livelihoods and economic empowerment challenges and opportunities, and possible global actions for addressing them during India’s G20 presidency and beyond
- This paper analyzes how trade costs affect exports from five Central Asian countries. It highlights how improving logistics and procedures and boosting digitalization can streamline regional trade.
Geographical Proximity and Trade Impacts in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program RegionThis study explores to what extent reducing delays and costs at border crossing points can facilitate bilateral trade flows among Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Program countries.
- Trade and investment underpin Asia’s remarkable development story—but with unintended environmental costs that contribute to climate change. Can trade and investment policies be made compatible with climate action?
- Central Asian countries are facing major food security challenges, but can meet them by working together on shared solutions.
- Think20, the official think tank engagement group of the Group of Twenty (G20), was established in 2012 to provide research-based policy recommendations to help G20 countries and partners promote economic resilience and sustainable development.
- This working paper analyzes the impact of infrastructure and trade facilitation on imports and exports in five Central Asian countries and outlines how improving hard and soft infrastructure would help boost regional trade and integration.
- Birds’ ability to fly will always be a source of fascination for us ground dwellers. Indeed, along with that sense of wonder, birds also provide a window to the true state of the environment.
International Conference on Achieving Ocean Equity: Innovative, Fair, Inclusive, and Sustainable Strategies and Blue Impact InvestmentsThis conference will address ocean equity challenges and explore innovative, inclusive, and sustainable policy solutions for Small Island Developing States and coastal countries.
- The Cook Islands improved its internet connectivity via a $20 million co-financed project by ADB and New Zealand. It offers better quality and affordable broadband for the public, reducing transaction costs for businesses, government, and households.
- Persistent, high levels of nonperforming loans could undermine bank lending and economic recovery in Asia’s developing countries.
- Market integration is more strongly linked with global markets than with regional markets.
- The webinar on 15 February 2023 will discuss - Can trade and investment policies be made compatible with climate action?
- A pilot economic corridor between Almaty, the largest city in Kazakhstan, and Bishkek, the capital of the Kyrgyz Republic, was established to foster trade, enhance free movement of labor and capital, and promote infrastructure modernization.
Asian Economic Integration Report 2023: Trade, Investment, and Climate Change in Asia and the PacificThis report shows how smart trade and investment policies, and regulatory cooperation in the Asia and Pacific region can help economies tackle climate change, recover from the pandemic, and support resilient and sustainable development.
- Trade and investment underpin Asia’s remarkable development story, but with unintended environmental costs. Climate smart policies are needed to ensure trade and investment can be part of the climate solutions.
- Greener trade and investment is crucial to tackling climate change in Asia and the Pacific and will require governments in the region to work together more closely, according to a new report by the Asian Development Bank.
- Perdagangan dan investasi yang lebih hijau sangat penting dalam menghadapi perubahan iklim di Asia dan Pasifik, serta akan mengharuskan pemerintah di kawasan ini bekerja sama lebih erat, demikian menurut laporan...