Indigenous Peoples Safeguards: A Planning and Implementation Good Practice Sourcebook - Draft Working Document (Lao Translation)
The draft Sourcebook focuses on the Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) requirements pertaining to indigenous peoples.
The draft Sourcebook focuses on the Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) requirements pertaining to Indigenous Peoples. It aims to add clarity, provide further technical guidance and recommend good practice in the implementation of the SPS. It is for the use of ADB staff and consultants, borrowers/clients and executing agencies, private sector clients, and social safeguards practitioners, including non-government organizations and civil society. The draft Sourcebook is a working document and will be revised from time to time. As such, any comments on the contents and style of the draft Sourcebook are highly welcome.
This is an updated version of the draft originally posted in December 2012, based on feedback received. The draft working document was prepared by staff of Asian Development Bank. It is neither an exhaustive nor definitive treatment of the issues. The interpretations and contents therein do not necessarily reflect the views of the ADB's Board of Governors nor the governments they represent. The Asian Development Bank does not guarantee the accuracy of the data included in this work and accepts no responsibility for any consequences of their use. Use of the term 'country' does not imply any judgment by the Asian Development Bank as to the legal or other status of any territorial entity.
- Objectives, Triggers, Scope, Principles of ADB Policy
- Identification of Indigenous Peoples
- Screening and Categorization of Impact
- Consultation, Participation, Information Disclosure, and Grievance Redress
- Assessment of Social Impacts
- Indigenous Peoples Planning
- IPP Implementation Issues
- IPP Implementation Supervision and Monitoring
- Consent of Affected Indigenous Peoples Communities and Broad Community Support
- Bibliography and References