At a Glance
Cumulative Project-Specific Cofinancing
Cumulative Trust Funds Contribution
2020 Trust Funds Contribution
- $24.1 million
Canada’s priority themes are promoting gender equality; increasing food security (food aid and nutrition) through sustainable agricultural development, particularly for small-scale farmers and women; securing the future of children and youth, access to quality education, plus maternal and child health; stimulating sustainable and inclusive economic growth, building economic foundations, and growing businesses; and integrating innovations in international assistance.
Canada’s priority sectors for development assistance are gender, governance, private sector development, and health, while special attention is given to fragile and conflict-affected and small island developing states.
As of December 2020, ADB’s Trade Finance Program (TFP) has supported 153 Canadian export and import transactions (through Canadian and non-Canadian banks) to developing Asia valued at over $80 million. Exports and imports were to nine countries, but mostly to Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Viet Nam. Isolating TFP’s work with Canadian banks, the TFP works with three banks domiciled in Canada and has provided guarantees supporting $656.3 million in trade in over 214 transactions. It has mobilized $153.4 million in cofinancing with Canada-based banks. This cofinancing helps leverage ADB resources and brings more support for developing members.
Active Trust Funds
- Afghanistan Infrastructure Trust Fund
- Asia Pacific Project Preparation Facility
- Canadian Climate Fund for the Private Sector in Asia under the Clean Energy Financing Partnership Facility (nonsovereign)
- Canadian Climate Fund for the Private Sector in Asia II (nonsovereign)
- Canadian Cooperation Fund on Climate Change
- Gender and Development Cooperation Fund
- Governance Cooperation Fund
- Integrated Disaster Risk Management Fund
- Regional Malaria and Other Communicable Disease Threats Trust Fund under the Health Financing Partnership Facility
1 January 2014–31 December 2020 Cofinanced Projects
a G = official grant cofinancing, L = official loan cofinancing, TA = technical assistance cofinancing