Time of Event
12:00–15:30 Tokyo Time
Co-hosted by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), ADBI, and the APEC Business Advisory Council, the 12th Asia-Pacific Financial Inclusion Forum brought together senior policy makers and industry representatives to develop concrete recommendations for advancing financial digital policy development of central bank digital currency (CBDC).
The focus was on the features of CBDC and opportunities and challenges associated with its potential to improve financial inclusion. Policy recommendations formulated during the forum will be presented to APEC finance ministers. The event also featured a policy dialogue for exchanging views and lessons learned on CBDC’s potential role and implications for financial inclusion in Asia and the Pacific.
- Spotlight the latest financial inclusion trends, challenges, and opportunities pertaining to APEC and ADB member economies
- Examine how technology and financial innovation can support CBDC development and its applications
- Brainstorm policy recommendations that could build digitally-driven financial inclusion in Asia and the Pacific
- Senior policy makers and industry representatives from APEC member economies and ADB member economies
- Experts from think tanks, universities, and international organizations
- Enhanced understanding about central bank digital currency and its role in advancing financial inclusion
- Greater dialogue and partnership between policy makers and industry representatives on key issues related to CBDC, inclusive finance, and financial market infrastructure
- Policy recommendations to support APEC finance ministers’ and central bank governors’ efforts to strengthen financial inclusion in the region
- Asian Development Bank
- APEC Business Advisory Council