Time of Event
Climate change and environmental degradation pose significant risks to the performance of micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) critical to economic growth and climate resilience. The movement toward green finance mechanisms has the potential to create new financing opportunities for MSMEs while also facilitating the transition to a low carbon economy.
Cohosted by ADBI, the Asian Development Bank (ADB), and the APEC Business Advisory Council and supported by the Griffith Asia Institute, the 13th APEC Asia-Pacific Financial Inclusion Forum will bring together senior policy makers and industry representatives to explore policy approaches for boosting MSME access to green finance and its associated benefits.
Policy recommendations formulated during the forum will be presented to APEC Finance Ministers. The aim is to support inclusive growth in APEC member economies and the broader realization of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Discuss recent developments, trends, challenges, and opportunities pertaining to green financing of MSMEs
- Examine how digitalization can be harnessed to promote green finance growth
- Identify policy recommendations for supporting MSME access to green finance in APEC economies
- Senior policy makers and industry representatives from APEC member economies and ADB member economies
- Experts from think tanks, universities, and international organizations
- Enhanced understanding of green finance prospects among MSMEs in APEC economies
- Policy recommendations to support APEC Finance Ministers’ efforts to accelerate MSME access to green finance
- Presentations delivered during the forum will be uploaded on the ADBI website
How to Register
By invitiation or prior arrangement with ADBI
- Asian Development Bank
- APEC Business Advisory Council