Time of event
Day 1: 09:00–17:00
Day 2: 09:00–15:30
The East Asia Top Level Official’s Meeting on Competition Policy (the Top Meeting—EATOP), and the East Asia Conference on Competition Law and Policy (the Conference—EAC) have been organized annually since 2004 and 2007, respectively, to exchange views, experiences, and best practices on the formulation and implementation of competition policies among competition authorities in East and Southeast Asia, and to enhance sharing of horizons and views on issues related to competition law, policy, and advocacy. In the meetings, participants who represent government bodies on competition engage in in-depth discussions on challenges they face in enforcing competition law, and their future strategy.
The EATOP meeting on 29 August is a closed-door event. The EAC on 30 August is an open forum.
- Contribute to efficient management of competition law and policy through knowledge sharing on design, formulation, and implementation of competition law and policy
- Promote fair competition to help create and maintain a level playing field and nurture the development of the private sector, particularly small and medium-sized enterprises in the region and thus promote ADBI’s strategic theme of middle income countries and private sector development
Directors general or equivalent high-level policy makers from competition agencies in Cambodia, the People’s Republic of China, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
- Enhanced understanding on the status of competition policy and laws in East and Southeast Asia
- Closer cooperation to tackle current issues on competition law and policy among East and Southeast Asian countries, particularly for finding solutions
- More efficient and effective delivery of technical assistance for donors and recipients
How to register
- Day 1 is a closed-door event.
- Day 2 is open to the public.
Japan Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) and Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)