Time of Event
Day 1: 09:00–16:00 Manila time
Day 2: 09:00–12:15 Manila time
Co-organized by ADBI, the Philippine Competition Commission, and Japan Fair Trade Commission, the 17th East Asia Top Level Officials’ Meeting on Competition Policy (EATOP) and the 14th East Asia Conference on Competition Law and Policy (EAC) convened senior policy makers and industry representatives to discuss key developments in competition law, policy, and advocacy in the region.
EATOP was held on 28 September as an exclusive forum for top-level competition regulators, with a focus on strengthening cooperation among East and Southeast Asian economies. EAC on 29 September was held as an open conference for government officials, business leaders, competition professionals, and researchers to examine the importance of competition policy and law in the region.
- Exchange views and best practices on the formulation and implementation of competition policies among competition authorities in East and Southeast Asia
- Highlight keys to promoting sustainable regulation in developing economies while enhancing market competition
- Senior government officials from Asian Development Bank member economies
- Policy experts from think tanks, and international organizations
- Stakeholders, media, and other interested members of the public (East Asia Conference on Competition Policy only)
- Updated knowledge on competition law and policy development in East and Southeast Asia
- Enhanced dialogue and partnership among government officials and stakeholders on the delivery of effective competition policy and law
- Policy recommendations for advancing inclusive competition policy and law
- Presentation materials to be uploaded on the ADBI website
How to Join
Participation in the 17th East Asia Top Officials’ Meeting on Competition Policy is by invitation or prior arrangement with ADBI.
- Philippine Competition Commission
- Japan Fair Trade Commission