The theme of the ministerial conference is "A New Generation of Greater Mekong Subregion Initiatives for Accelerated Progress". The 2-day event will consist of the following back-to-back meetings:
- Senior officials' meeting and regional investment framework committee meeting will review the final regional investment framework pipeline, related materials and key deliverables for ministers' endorsement.
- Greater Mekong Subregion development partners' meeting will facilitate interactive dialogue for partnership opportunities to support implementation of the regional investment framework.
- Ministerial meeting will consider the recommendations of the senior officials' meeting and development partners' meeting.
- Ministerial retreat will enable the Greater Mekong Subregion ministers to exchange views (in an informal and interactive setting) on topics of substantial relevance to the changing global and regional context and how to effectively execute the projects in the regional investment framework.
The conference will have the following key outputs:
- Endorsement of the regional investment framework and other elements of the report of the senior officials' meeting
- Endorsement of the report of the development partners' meeting
- Joint ministerial statement
- Signing of the memorandum of understanding for the establishment of the Greater Mekong railway association
Participation is by invitation only.
- Greater Mekong Subregion ministers
- Greater Mekong Subregion senior officials from different line agencies headed by Greater Mekong Subregion national coordinators
- Development partners
- ADB representatives
- Greater Mekong Subregion business forum