The ADB World Oceans Day Seminar presents a panel discussion on the importance of gender equality for the effective conservation and management of ocean resources.
ADB’s recently launched Action Plan for Healthy Oceans and Sustainable Blue Economies, will support the protection and restoration of marine ecosystems and promote inclusive livelihoods opportunities. As part of our approach ADB will engage women, youth and communities to address ocean issues and create further benefits from marine economies opportunities. This year’s World Oceans Day seminar: Gender and Oceans presents a valuable opportunity to dialogue with female leaders on how to translate this approach into meaningful action and aims to:
- Share the importance of a gender inclusive approach in managing ocean health and marine livelihoods.
- Identify the challenges to gender equality in ocean health and marine livelihoods.
- Discuss how to translate gender needs and challenges into meaningful and sustainable action.
From ADB member countries:
- NGOs and civil society organizations
- government officials
- think-tanks, institutes, academia, and centers of excellence
- Deborah Stokes, Vice-President for Administration and Corporate Management, ADB
- Gloria Estenzo Ramos, Vice President, Oceana Philippines
- Editha Santiago, President, KILUS Foundation
- Rocky Sanchez Tirona, Vice President, RARE Philippines
- Emma Veve, Director, Social Sectors and Public Sector Management Division, Pacific Department, ADB
- Anna Oposa, Executive Director, Save Philippine Seas
How to register
By invitation only
While attendance to the event is free, ADB does not cover travel and accommodation expenses of participants.Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.