2020 Asian Evaluation Week
7 - 11 September 2020
The Asian Evaluation Week (AEW) is a leading evaluation knowledge sharing platform in the Asia and Pacific region, jointly sponsored by the Ministry of Finance, PRC through the Asia-Pacific Finance and Development Institute (AFDI) and the Asian Development Bank’s Independent Evaluation Department (IED). Since 2016, government officials, representatives of international organizations, and evaluation experts have gathered annually at the AEW to exchange knowledge and the latest thinking in evaluation.
Now in its fifth year, AEW has established itself as a highly relevant forum for promoting knowledge and partnerships to advance evaluation and development effectiveness at the national, regional, and international levels.
Theme, date, and location
Each AEW espouses a theme to focus attention on a specific issue related to evaluations at the national, regional, and international levels. The overall theme for the 2020 AEW is “Evaluating for a Better Future”.
This theme recognizes the impact of evaluation on elements that contribute to building a better future. Sessions for the 2020 AEW will be organized around the following identified subthemes:
- role of evaluation in public financial management;
- role of evaluation in providing strategic direction;
- evaluating private sector interventions for development; and
- evaluating to support innovation.
The 2020 AEW will be held virtually from 7–11 September 2020 given the global public health crisis.
The AEW has three main objectives:
- To provide a platform for countries and development partners to share knowledge on evaluation approaches, practices, lessons and experiences within and between Asia and other regions, such as Africa and Latin America;
- To allow experts and development partners to showcase progress in their evaluation works and recent practices including cutting-edge ideas on evaluation; and
- To enhance understanding on the use and role of evaluation in development effectiveness including promoting interface between policy makers and evaluators from around the world.
How to register
Registration details will be provided soon.