Time of Event
Day 1: 09:15-13:30 Tokyo time
Day 2: 09:50-18:00 Tokyo time
Day 3: 08:50-18:25 Tokyo time
Paris Agreement signatories are expected to update their nationally determined contributions every five years. In Asia and the Pacific, countries are increasingly committing to the goal of carbon neutrality. The 26th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 26) on 31 October-12 November 2021 in Glasgow will seek to build on these targets under the theme "Uniting the World to Tackle Climate Change."
On the heels of COP26, the 2021 ADBI Annual Conference will explore the next steps for climate change mitigation and green finance policy in Asia and the Pacific. The conference will feature new research on climate imperatives across key sectors, including energy, transport, buildings, and agriculture, forestry, and land use. It will also discuss the outlook for carbon pricing and regional cooperation.
- Examine onward climate change mitigation and financing priorities in Asia and the Pacific
- Spotlight evidence-based policy strategies for advancing climate targets in the region and the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
- Policy makers and researchers from think tanks, universities, and international organizations, as well as media and interested members of the public
- Enhanced understanding of climate change mitigation and green finance needs in Asia and the Pacific moving forward
- Identification of policy recommendations for boosting the region’s climate objectives
- Research papers featured during the proceedings will be considered for publication as ADBI working papers and inclusion in an edited book