The ministerial conference is an annual meeting of GMS ministers. It provides policy direction for the program and oversees progress in identifying and implementing "results-oriented" subregional cooperation initiatives.
The 21st GMS Ministerial Conference (MC-21) carries the theme "Spurring Inclusive Growth Along the GMS Economic Corridors".
MC-21 will commence with a senior officials’ meeting and a development partners’ meeting on 30 November 2016. The formal ministerial meeting will take place in the morning of 1 December 2016, followed by a closed-door ministerial retreat in the afternoon.
- To review the progress of various GMS initiatives as contained in the GMS Regional Investment Framework Implementation Plan (GMS RIF-IP) and discuss the results of a midterm review of the RIF-IP;
- To review and/or endorse certain proposed initiatives aimed at the further development of the GMS economic corridors; and
- To review and/or endorse specific outputs, agreements, and recommendations from various GMS sectors of cooperation.
Participation is by invitation only.
Ministers from the six GMS countries, GMS senior officials/national coordinators, other officials from concerned ministries/agencies, ADB officers/staff, representatives from the private sector, development partner organizations, and civil society are expected to attend.
- Greater Mekong Subregion Mid-Term Review and Revised Regional Investment Framework Implementation Plan 2020
- Role of Special Economic Zones in Improving Effectiveness of GMS Economic Corridors
- Study on Strengthening the Greater Mekong Subregion Program’s Institutional Framework
- Review of Configuration of Greater Mekong Subregion Economic Corridor