The ADB Business Opportunities Fair (BOF) is a one-stop forum for consultants, contractors, manufacturers, and suppliers looking to provide goods and services for ADB projects. It has proven to be an excellent opportunity to network not only with peers in the industry, but also with ADB specialists in the agriculture, natural resources, energy, public management, finance, transport, ICT, water, municipal infrastructure, health, and education sectors.
Registration is closed.
- Procurement experts of ADB will be available on Days 1 and 2 to meet with participants on a first come, first served basis.
- Sector focal points from project departments of ADB may be available to meet with participants. Confirmed participants will receive through email prior to the event a list of ADB sector focal points and contact details to facilitate direct correspondence requesting individual appointments.
Networking among participants
- Participants are invited to utilize the following ADB networking groups within the LinkedIn platform to communicate with other relevant professionals and prospective BOF participants:
- A Participants’ Networking Lounge will also be available to participants over the 2-day duration of the BOF. This provides a venue for participants to meet among themselves for face-to-face introductions, information exchange, and to explore possible areas of cooperation.
During the event, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with ADB staff in procurement, consulting, project management and related operations;
- Meet with ADB sector specialists;
- Network with other consulting firms and suppliers in donor and developing countries;
- Hear presentations on how to qualify for ADB-financed contracts;
- Discover what business opportunities are available, and where.
At the end of the event, participants will have:
- Discovered the advantages of ADB-financed contracts;
- Received an inside look at ADB's policies and procedures for the procurement of goods and works, and the recruitment of consultants;
- Learned how to locate business opportunities;
- Learned the best ways to prepare responsive bids and proposals;
- Received first-hand information on contracting opportunities by sector currently available under ongoing ADB-financed projects, and upcoming ADB pipeline projects.
- Explored areas of cooperation with other BOF participants.
The BOF hopes to attract the most talented professionals, and help them qualify for ADB projects. This increasing pool of highly-competent bidders ensures the success of ADB projects.
From ADB member countries:
- NGOs and civil society organizations
- Government officials
- Embassy/trade commissioners
- Think-tanks, institutes, academia, and centers of excellence
- ADB procurement and regional sector specialists will be speaking on general requirements for doing business with the ADB; applicable ADB policies and procedures for procurement of goods and works; and ongoing and upcoming business opportunities.
- The regional sector specialists will discuss ADB's loan, technical assistance, and grant pipelines in the agriculture, natural resources, energy, public management, finance, transport, ICT, water, municipal infrastructure, health, and education sectors.
- Specialists on ADB and civil society participation will present a dedicated session for NGOs wishing to learn more about ADB business opportunities.